Thursday, April 8, 2010

Media overload

I know it hasn't been that long since I have posted something, but i cannot resist. Surely this is a start to a posting frenzy.

Until tonight I was a 3D virgin. I know amazing right? Yes even astonishing to me that I have been able to divert this growing trend in the movie theaters, but alas I have. I was doing my best to avoid this trend, but I was convinced.
I was so entertained by an animated wide mouthed dragon flying straight into my face, and I was truly converted. I do not think that I will feel quite the same about a "normal" movie again. How could anything be entertaining without the effects of 3D?
I am astonished at what the brains in media are coming up with. I have so much more respect for the "Sheldon" (I hope you understand this reference. If not see THE BIG BANG THEORY) like men and woman that my mother puts up and patronizes daily. To those men and women I applaud you; you have done sometihng wonderful.

In other categories of media I am currently reaing STIFF; a stomach turning non- fiction novel on the afterlife of the human body. Disgusting? Yes. Wildly Fascinating? Yes. Disturbing? Yes. Too much to handle? NO! It'll make you laugh (seriously). It'll make you cry. It may even make you regurgitate, but do not fret the humor makes up for it. Mary Roach is brilliant. I couldn't put her masterpiece down. Actually I could, and I did; it is finals week after all. But irresistable. A must read, as said by T. If anyone has any suggestions for a new read, I am in want. Please do not refrain.

love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment